Planning and Strategy Officer Job, Other Professions,
Title: Planning and Strategy Officer
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 54,164 to 72,695 pm
Leave Entitlement: 30 days per financial year
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
- Bachelor’s Degree (KNQF Level 7 or equivalent) in any of the following fields: Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Strategic Management, Business Development, Development Studies, and Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Meets the provisions of the Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Executing the Authority’s internal policies, regulations, guidelines and strategies;
- Developing and reviewing of the Authority’s Strategic Plan;
- Assessing the strengths and weakness of policy options;
- Analyzing policy recommendations from various departments;
- Preparation of policy position papers;
- Monitoring and Evaluation of all the Authority’s programmes and projects;
- Developing and Maintaining Monitoring& Evaluation data base;
- Compiling various Monitoring & Evaluation reports;
- Coordinating corporate performance management process and Performance; Contract (PC) of all the departments and divisions at the Authority;
- Developing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual organizational performance report to the Director General/CEO;
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners;
- Preparation of project proposals for funding agencies;
- Updating donor databases to record their contacts and preference information;
- Knowledge of Recognition of Prior learning and national skills development;
- Maintaining a network of Partner contacts;
- Sensitizing and training team members on fund raising and strategy; and
- Organizing events for partnership building between implementers and potential partners.
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available at: www.knqa.go.ke
If you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the above specified criteria for any of the above positions, submit (both electronically and hard copies) of your cover letter, together with copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your updated detailed Curriculum Vitae, including other things your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
Scan and send your application electronically as a one pdf attachment/document with ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line. The hard copies should be marked with ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ on top of the envelope.
- It is an offense to include false/incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification;
- KNQA is an equal employer therefore people with disabilities, the marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce the originals of their national ID/ passport, academic and professional certificates, transcripts, testimonials and current compliance certificates for the requirements of chapter six of the Kenyan constitution during interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications on or before 24th September, 2020 (at 5pm) both electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org and hard copies send to: –
The Director General
Kenya National Qualifications Authority
Uchumi House,6th Floor, Aga KhanWalk
P.O Box 72635-00200,