Registered Nurse III Job, Nursing Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position: Registered Nurse III – (160 Posts)
Terms of service: 6-month contract
Medical Personnel recruited for Isolation Centres in Nairobi will report to the Director, Medical Services of the Nairobi Metropolitan Services, for deployment to the respective isolation centres where the Health Officer in-charge will assign all activities under the contract.
With the surging number of covid-19 cases in Kenya, and especially in Nairobi, the Nairobi Metropolitan Service (NMS) will need to deal with the increasing number of patients requiring facility based isolation and care. The NMS wishes to Operationalize Seven (7) isolation sites (Pumwani school of nursing, KMTC- Ngong Road, Moi Girls School Nbi, Kenya High school, Upper Hill high School, Nairobi School and Kenya Science Teacher’s College). The centres will be used to provide care and case management of COVID-19 patients who test positive for COVID-19, with mild on no symptoms but will require isolation and care. There is a requirement to recruit additional health care workers to man these isolation centres to be established within the Nairobi.
- Be in possession of at least the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade C with at least a C in Biology, English or Kiswahili and a C- in any other two (2) Science Subjects; and
- Have successfully completed a here (3) years pre-service training at Kenya Medical Training College or at any other recognized training institution and have been awarded the Kenya Registered Nurse, or Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse Diploma or Kenya Registered
- Be Registered by the Nursing Council of
- Be in possession of a valid practicing license;
Work at this level will be of limited scope and complexity and will be carried out under the guidance of a senior officer.
- Provision, Supervision and planning or nursing care of patients in isolation units that may be based in Health Centres, school or colleges converted into an isolation facility;
- Assess patients’ admission needs for nursing services;
- Verify and maintain information relating to patients’ admissions;
- Keep records of drugs and other supplies; and
- Guide, supervise and counsel staff and perform routine clinical
How to apply
Applications should include the following; Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts, Copies of academic and professional certificates, Photocopy of ID and Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to; firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com on or before 11th September, 2020.