Sales & Marketing Representative Job, Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya 2020,
JOB TITLE; SALES & MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE
LOCATION; NAIROBI REGION
INDUSTRY; FREIGHT AND FORWARDING
Working under the direction of the Business Development Manager, the Sales & Marketing Representative will have the following main responsibilities:
- Identifies, markets, qualifies, and penetrates new business opportunities from existing and potential customers using territory management skills.
- Schedules customer appointments with key decision-makers to overcome barriers and identify growth opportunities in the local/ international global market.
- Educates customers on technology solutions to provide tracking, pricing, and reporting capabilities.
- Collaborates with Operations to establish standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for meeting customer expectations.
- Plans quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with customers to review business trends and transit performance.
- Applies sales strategies gained from sales training to identify areas where solutions can be implemented.
- Identifies account decliners and gainers to develop strategies for winning back business and promoting future growth.
- Uses state of the art customer relations management software (CRM) to develop strategic plans for customer growth and development.
- Grow the company’s air, ocean freight, transit, import and export and domestic business/services in an assigned territory, in accordance with corporate objectives (gross profit).
- Find & develop qualified leads (cold calling), then convert them through the sales process into prospects and customers.
- Continuously keep the sales pipeline full with deals at various types and stages, including fresh/new (qualified) leads/introductions, mid and late stage sales life cycle targets.
- Perform regular visits to qualified prospects and customers to drive the business and grow the company’s revenue, market share and profitability.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in securing profitable business across all products and services.
- Report sales activity on a weekly basis to management.
- Other tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience (Freight Forwarding Sales will be an added advantage).
- Excellent knowledge of logistics including Air Import/Export and Ocean Import/Export.
- Proven track record in sales, prospecting and developing accounts.
- Knowledge of Windows based programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and principals of CMS (Customer Management System) is required.
Skills & Attributes
- Analytical with ability to conduct research and develop territory sales plans.
- Proven success in gaining new business through prospecting.
- Good presentation & business writing skills.
- Solid verbal communication and an aggressive drive as well as commitment to develop and grow a client base.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrates strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry.
- Ability to use consultative selling to secure and maintain business.
- Must understand impact of revenue on the profit and loss statement.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV with the subject, Sales representative – Freight and forwarding , to email@example.com by 30th September 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.