NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Senior Human Resources Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya,
Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Contract period: 6 Months
The Senior Human Resources Officer is an integral part of the HR team and our organization. In this role, the Senior HRO will provide the foundational support and functional expertise that drives productivity and results across a variety of our business. The Senior HRO will handle generalist responsibilities including onboarding of new staff, employee relations, learning and development, performance & talent management, recruitment workflow, people metrics/reporting, partnering with line management on HR and business needs and special projects. The Senior HRO will also work closely with the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to create and drive talent and business strategy across the business.
- Contribute to, and where accountable define policies and processes that support the banks and divisional /People strategy and objectives.
- Use and understand Sidian People tools and policies, engaging with divisional clients effectively to ensure their use across the bank.
- Drive consistency of approach across SBL in attracting, managing and developing talent to support current and future organizational needs.
- Work closely with all Sidian managers to ensure that tools and policies are aligned, enhance employee engagement and ultimately improve performance.
- Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and policies and understand the landscape for further improvement.
- Provide expert input across a range of HR issues (generalist / specific expertise)
- Participate in relevant projects, leading and championing as appropriate (divisional and/or Sidian) Sidian’s reputation as a world class organization and employer of choice.
- Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan for innovations and opportunities to form partnerships.
- Understand and anticipate the need for change, diagnose the underlying issues and build the case for change with stakeholders. Build frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios ad options to mitigate.
- Be an ambassador for the function and represent Sidian HR internally and externally (as appropriate)
- Work with business leaders and HRBP, to create and drive a talent strategy across the business areas, to include identification of top talent, the import and export of that top talent and the overall career development of associates for which the HRO is responsible.
- Develop, implement, and facilitate training and development initiatives to meet the specific business needs of the organization.
- Advocate and facilitate resolutions regarding employee relations issues, with escalation to the Head of Human Resources when necessary.
- Drive the annual performance and planning and review (PPR) process, including calibration of talent across a variety of different Practice groups.
- Drive the principles of meritocracy with business leaders in all talent decisions, including promotions, transfers, compensation adjustments, etc.
- Drive the biannual HR Review process for a variety of different Practice groups/business, including top talent identification (9 Box), organizational strategy and succession planning.
- Partner with hiring managers to assess talent needs and strategy to meet those talent needs with both internal and external recruiting efforts.
- Generate a variety of reports as requested by HR, Finance, and other business leaders.
- Analyze Human Resources key metrics (turnover, exit interviews, days to fill positions, cost per hire) and utilize data for process improvements.
- Partner with management to prepare and maintain job descriptions for each position.
- Answer general HR questions and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Provide advice to line managers on employee relations matters in a flexible and consistent manner.
- Manage the administration duties of the HR function effectively e.g. employee records, producing accurate and quality written documentation, managing the starters and leavers process, liaising with payroll, etc.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer and communication systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Adaptability & Team work.
- Excel and reporting skills.
- University degree
- Minimum of 4 years’ generalist experience in HR
- Member of IHRM with a current practicing certificate
How to Apply
- Soft copy applications only
- Indicate the position in the subject bar
- Please apply here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It's Free.