Senior Strategy Associate Job, Other Professions,
Position: Senior Strategy Associate – (2020/5/8)
Fresh Life Initiative (FLI) is an award-winning social venture that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone, forever. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, training, marketing and business analytics. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Working with our sanitation partners we convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms. Since November 2011, we have launched over 3000 Fresh LifeToilets to a network of 2500 micro-entrepreneurs and we collect and convert over 9000 tons of waste annually. We are seeking a Senior Strategy Associate, New Business Models to join the Future Initiatives team.
ABOUT FUTURE INITIATIVES the Future Initiatives team is responsible for designing citywide sanitation business models for scaling Sanergy’s operations, with the goal of maximizing the number of people served through cost-neutral or profitable solutions. To achieve these goals, the Future Initiatives team supports two key workstreams:
- New Products & Services – Identify and pilot new sanitation products and services that enable us to reach more people and safely manage more waste.
- New Business Models – Optimize the business model for existing products and services, as well as develop partnerships for adjacent products and services
- Work directly with the Director of Future Initiatives and in close coordination with the senior leadership team to develop a strategy for the new business models and market expansion workstreams
- Define key evaluation metrics to determine which revenue-generating initiatives should be prioritized based on cost-effectiveness, feasibility, and opportunity for scale
- Pilot and operationalize opportunities to optimize revenue streams through existing channels and/or new channels and through partnerships. When required, develop quantitative models and/or frameworks to support project analysis and recommendations, and proactively leverage data to identify risks and opportunities within projects
- Lead projects from inception to completion, which will include gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations
- Drive improvements in customer insight by combining existing data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions developed through targeted interviews, usability studies, and customer feedback
- Support development of framework and analysis to determine market expansion priorities and timelines ● In close collaboration with Sales, Logistics, New Products & Services, and Finance, design and implement tests that generate the necessary data to make strategic decisions about our growth plan
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, learning, and productivity
- 3-5 years of experience
- Formal Consulting Background in an audit/global management company
- Experience in Growth Strategy and Development of new revenue streams
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a multicultural and dynamic environment, selling a product that makes a significant positive impact, working with a highly motivated team who is passionate about the cause.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 19th September, 2020. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience. Kindly indicate your salary expectations.