SHEQ Manager Job, Engineering Jobs In Kenya September 2020,
Closing Date: Sep 21, 2020
BOC Kenya Plc (BOC) is a leading supplier of industrial, medical and special gases in East Africa. The Company’s customer base cuts across a large spectrum and includes public and private hospitals, food processors, civil and mechanical engineering contractors, motor vehicle body builders, hotels and restaurants, the informal business sector (“Jua Kali”) and small and medium enterprises. At BOC Kenya Plc, we cannot over emphasize the importance and centrality of the SHEQ function.
The SHEQ Manager, reports to the Managing Director. He / She is responsible for the effective implementation of the SHEQ strategies/initiatives by maintaining set standards, policies, processes, and for managing the SHEQ function to ensure sustainability and compliance to Business Continuity Program (BCP) and Best Operating Practices (BOP) related SHEQ activities.
• Provide leadership and guidance to all departments and branches with regards to the implementation, maintenance and improvement of SHEQ systems
• Develop and drive continuous improvement programmes within BOC
• Implement and sustain SHEQ Roadmap process for BOC to achieve world class status
• Facilitate, provide guidance and input into all incidents, and recommend corrective actions, which address the root causes of incidents. Ensure effective closure of incidents within agreed time and strive to meet the targets:100% MIR Reporting and Closure and lagging indicators.
• Ensure lessons from incidents, near misses, leadsafe interviews, audits, Operative & Engineering Directives(O&ED) SHEQ alerts and SHEQ bulletins are communicated and shared through SHEQ meetings, management reviews, HK meetings, notice boards, emails, SHEQ videos, continuous SHEQ training etc
• Work with line management to maintain ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001
• Monitor compliance with process safety requirements through effective management of plant maintenance/monitoring, emergency responses, product stewardship, PTW, MHRP, EMOC, projects, audit findings, alerts and O&EDs.
You will be a self-driven individual with strong commercial acumen who has a natural flare for creating relationships, influencing and interacting with the various departments in a manner that facilitates the achievement of the SHEQ goals at BOC. In addition, you will have the following:
• Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Business Administration. Continual improvement systems such as Kaizen, TPM, Six S, knowledge and experience is definite advantage.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in SHEQ management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Certification in and experience of BSI ISO 9001, BSI ISO 14001and BSI OHSAS 18001 Standard. Certified auditors have a definite advantage.
• A good understanding of Integrated Management System (IMSS), SHEQ Roadmap, Road Traffic Act, Highway Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Dangerous Goods requirements and other relevant regulatory requirements such as pharmacovigilance, etc
• Operational experience in production/maintenance/distribution environment in a manufacturing operation focus
How to apply