Senior Sous Chef Job, Current Hotel Jobs In Kenya,
Vacancy: Senior Sous Chef
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance)
Salary: KES 50,000 Monthly
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
MAIN PURPOSE & SCOPE THE JOB
The Senior Sous Chef will assist the Head Chef and the Assistant Head Chef to ensure the overall quality and profitability of the kitchen in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Allocation of Duties- The Senior Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef and Assistant Head Chef in allocation of duties
- Quality Consistency- The Senior Sous is the chief quality controller of the kitchen. He must ensure that the cooks and their assistants follow the correct recipes and method of They must always taste soups, sauces and all dishes before service.
- Supervise preparation of mis-en-place to ensure consistent quality production and proper use of recipes
- Work closely with the Executive chef and Assistant Head chef in setting up, maintaining and improving the quality of food and service offered to our customers
- Hygiene- Being a senior member of the team, the Senior Sous Chef must oversee the implementation and practice of proper hygiene in the whole kitchen. He/she must also keep a close eye and deal very firmly with the
- Ensuring that the (HACCP) is adhered to on a daily basis by all members of
- Checking and refilling of stock levels in the
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant
- Ensuring that no wastage through wrong storage, wrong cooking
- Ensure that all our storage facilities and other equipment are properly utilized, cleaned and
- Keeps the head chef and the assistant head chef fully informed of all rising issues, unusual matters of significance, promptly taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Provide direction to the Cooks, and Kitchen
- Clean and re-set their working
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff in breach of company policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Ensure that all food, beverage and vending is presented in line with hygiene requirements and to the highest standard at all times
- Streamline receiving procedures to ensure that only the best quality and the right quantities are received from the supliers
- Observes stock levels and orders supplies, participates in monthly stock take and daily closing stocks
- In addition to the above, the Senior Sous Chef may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary
- 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a high level culinary
- Diploma or certificate in food production,
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Excellent English verbal and written
- Excellent leadership motivation and team building
- Knowledge of current food trends and best
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Understanding of purchasing and maintenance of kitchen
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry and food
- Organized, can delegate tasks well and work in a high stress
- Practical culinary skills
- Familiarity with professional kitchen
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Able to work under pressure and long hours
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing
- Well-organized and detail
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays
How to Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 11th October 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.