Technical Buyer Job, Other Professions
Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for Technical Buyer position for one of our clients
The successful candidate will work with cross functional teams drawn from the business to develop, implement and manage procurement category for network/technical ensuring the delivery of assurance of supply, quality, service, service, competitive cost and incremental savings as desired by the business.
Sourcing and Contracting
- Seeking quotations for non-repeat requirements from approved suppliers as per procurement policy;
- Reviewing quotations, negotiating and closing contracts with the best suppliers where required; and
- Ensure procurement of quality goods and services in a timely manner and at competitive prices.
- Develop the category plans for Commercial areas;
- Conduct situational analysis including industry dynamics, supplier research, and source country dynamics and investigate and secure new/alternative sources of supply, technology and services to increase margins through the lowering of costs by introduction of new products or alternative procurement sources beneficial to the company;
- Work with future or current suppliers to develop effective business relations; and
- Liaise with IT Department to develop and ensure sign off of the Annual Procurement Plan.
Ensure compliance to contract terms and conditions by both suppliers and internal customers;
Validate pricing and reconciliation of strategic contracts before order processing and at supplier invoicing; and
Develop and track cost savings.
Enforce Procure to Pay process
Timely processing of quality purchase orders in Oracle;
Continually progressing orders with relating suppliers to ensure goods and services are delivered as per PO lead-time and updates users on status; and
Review open purchase orders with users and suppliers for closure or receipt as applicable.
Performance Evaluation and Management
- Responsible for business partner performance evaluation and monitoring for category;
- Support in managing the contract execution and ensuring compliance with contractual SLA and KPI’s;
- Manage business partner dispute resolutions; and
- Give input to partner satisfaction survey process.
- Must have 4-6 years’ demonstrable experience in technical buying (I.T);
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain or any other business related field from a recognized University;
- Full or part graduate Diploma of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (UK) – added advantage; and
- Knowledge of Oracle or any other ERP system and Ms Excel.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th Sept 2020. Clearly indicate the job title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted