Wildlife Officer Job, Other Professions,
WILDLIFE OFFICER – SIX (6) POSTS -V/NO. 253/2020
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs 38,270 – Kshs 51,170 p.m. (CSG 10)
House Allowance: Ksh.7500 – 16, 500 (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.5, 000
Leave Allowance: As existing in the Civil Service
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:
- Wildlife Management, Natural Resource Management, Marine Resource Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Conservation and Natural Resource Management, Environmental Conservation, Environmental Resource Conservation, Environmental Management and Conservation, Environmental Studies
and Community Development, Environmental Studies and Community Resource Conservation, Environmental Planning and Management, Range Management, Bio Resource Conservation and Management, Coastal and Marine Resource Management, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Zoology, or any other related qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior wildlife officer. Specific and responsibilities at this level include:-
- collecting and compiling information on wildlife resources and products;
- participating in forums for sensitizing the public on wildlife matters;
- creating awareness on regulations and guidelines on conservation and management of wildlife;
- identifying alien invasive species for conservation and management;
- developing and maintaining a database on individual’s and community-based organization;
- participating in dissemination of information, education and communication materials on wildlife conservation and management;
- identifying areas for wildlife conservation , education and awareness;
- identifying species or areas for wildlife biodiversity and conservation;
- updating inventory of individuals and community based organization; and
- implementing community-based natural resource management programmes.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Those who applied earlier need not re-apply. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 29th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)