Business Unit Manager Job, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title: Business Unit Manager
As a Business Unit Manager, you are the lead of an independent ‘task-force’ and are responsible for driving the overall success and growth of your segment through the hard work for yourself and your team. As Business Unit Manager for Installation, Repair & Maintenance, you have particular responsibility to coordinate with internal stakeholders on the B2B and Projects teams, to ensure that services are structured in a way that offers value to the whole of the business.
You are an entrepreneur. You thrive when given the freedom to create product-market fit, and driving a business unit to succeed. You can balance between strategy, operations, marketing and day-to-day management, and can manage teams in contexts of uncertainty.
- Through secondary research and primary engagement with existing and future customer segments, gather deep understanding of market demand. How big is the demand? What are the segments? What are the offerings with greatest demand? How much are customers (within the different segments) willing to pay for these services?
- Engage with the Lynk Projects and Lynk for Business team to understand the parameters of their needs, and the prices / qualities / structures they require for their customer segments.
- Conduct follow-up conversations with customers to understand how to improve the offering.
- Develop a range plan of services offered in target categories, including pricing and service structure.
- Ensure that segment offers are adequately structured across B2C, B2B and Internal clients.
- Collaborate with tech team to incorporate these offerings into Lynk Request system.
- Recruitment: identification of preferred recruitment channels. Develop partnerships with TVET institutions or others (where appropriate).
- Vetting/Testing: development of methodology for vetting Pros. Conduct vetting on Projects sites. Evaluate readiness for graduation to Lynk for Business.
- Training: Develop training materials, quality checklists, and standard processes of service delivery.
- Tools & supply chain partners: Identify opportunities to collaborate with tool or material suppliers to provide Pros with better tools for success. Where appropriate, identify supply chain partners to smoothen service delivery within the segment.
- Collaborate with the tech team to ensure that Lynk’s technology provides a satisfying user experience and maximises automation
- Manage a job satisfaction/customer service function to deal with individual B2C requests and/or customer service issues.
- Oversee regular delivery of quality checklists and customer feedback surveys.
- Collaborate with Lynk for Business and Projects teams to evaluate quality of service delivery.
- Consistently iterate on training and product design based on feedback.
- Identify preferred methods for marketing individual categories to B2C audiences, through social media, direct marketing, partnerships, or other methods. Collaborate with marketing team to market the segment to grow the number of jobs matched.
- Collaborate with the LFB and/or Projects team to increase demand for IRM services with B2B clients.
- Management of 2+ staff. This will include day-to-day staff management to ensure that services are consistently delivered, as well as training/capacity building, and motivation.
- Contribute to overarching segment strategies, and collaboration with other Segment leads to ensure that successes in one segment can be replicated in other segments
- Min 3-5 Years of experience in project management / management consulting/operational process development or other relevant areas
- Keen interest in Installation, Repair and Maintenance sector
- Self-starting mentality and experience in crisis management and mitigation
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills