Driver II Job, Driver Jobs In Kenya 2020,
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Served in the grade of Driver III for a minimum period of three (3) years
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicles(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Passed suitability Test for Driver Grade III
- Passed occupational trade test III for drivers
- Defensive driving certificate from Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Attended a first aid certificate lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution
- Attended a refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3 years) at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- A valid certificate of Good conduct from Kenya Police and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized
- Carry out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure etc.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle system
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road
- Safety of the passengers and/or goods there in
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle
- Maintaining and updating tickets
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
How To Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Monday, 13th October, 2020.
- The Makueni County Job Application Form can be downloaded here.(click here to download)
- Candidates should attach relevant professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Professional registration Certificate, and Practice License where necessary.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged personsare encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Payment of any form of fee will lead to automatic disqualification