You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Grants Compliance, Management & Reporting Manager
Reporting to : Operations Director
Grade Level : 16
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of Position
The position provides strategic technical support to World Vision Kenya grants management and implementation ensuring proper vetting and contracting of sub grantees, timely startups and implementation, quality reporting to the donors and proper closeout whilst ensuring compliance with World Vision Kenya policies and donor regulations.
Strategic Technical Support to WVK Grants Management and implementation 25%
· Work with Technical and Grants managers to supports overall planning, implementation and management of the WVK Grants as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of relevant grants in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Ensures World Vision Kenya grants portfolio is implemented according to the project management cycle while ensuring all activities are implemented on time target and budget and in compliance with Donor requirements.
· Ensures grant management compliance in alignment with donor and World Vision regulations.
· Work with Grants Management leads to schedule and organize grants consortium meetings (PMU, Steering Committees, Technical working groups) and ensures donor reporting and compliance issues are part of meeting agenda
· Ensure grants management & compliance guidelines are in place and implemented
· Consolidate policies for grants management and ensure compliance during all phases of grants implementation
· Ensure local level partnering standards & guidelines are in place that guide;
- Partner Selection & due diligence processes
- partner’s capacity development,
- Partner contract development
- Partner performance monitoring
- Issue logs at Sub grantee level
Grants Training and Capacity Building 20%
· Drawing from partner due diligence assessment ensures there are partner technical capacity assessment in place and are implemented accordingly.
· Mentor, support, develop, and plans capacities building of staff, partners and grantees on financial monitoring, record keeping and grants management using relevant donor data report formats and validation methods.
· In working with Finance provides technical assistance to Grants Project managers, partners and grantees as required on budget development with a focus on maximizing cost recovery and aligning budgets to donor guidelines.
· Leads in development of project managers and partner’s capacity development plan and ensures its full implementation and tracks the success its.
· Builds capacity of project manager and grants staff in WV grants management certification such as Gate Way to Grants etc
· Conduct ongoing capacity strengthening of staff in report writing, editing and critical analysis
· Support training to program staff related to WVK and donor regulations and processes.
Monitoring and Evaluation support 20%
· Working with WVK M&E function, establish and maintain effective grants project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in alignment to specific donor requirement and WVK standards.
· In collaboration with M&E., ensure that the Grant Recipient(s) develops results, indicators and targets as well as an annual work plan, which reflect the objectives of the grants program and are aligned to the specific donor requirements.
· Ensure proper operational opening and closing of the assigned grants as well as monitoring and evaluation of programmatic progress. Disseminate project follow- up reports to guide timely action.
· Work closely with the M&E Manager to develop and maintain program monitoring and evaluation tracking tools to ensure all project indicators report clear linkage of activities to intended outputs and outcomes and that the level of change is clearly tracked.
· Coordinate the Grants M&E and Finance Manager to ensure that donor reports (both financial and narrative) are generated and sent out to the relevant donor in time.
· Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories are part of the donor reporting
· In working with M&E team ensures there is a grants M&E information system that supports the donor specific reporting needs
Grants reporting 20%
· Coordinate Project Managers and Finance managers to prepare narrative program reports in accordance with donor designated formats as required. Ensure that draft reports disseminated for review and feedback by senior management team, relevant technical advisors, and Support Office staff prior to submitting the final report to donor.
· Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements, coordinating closely with Program managers and coordinators.
· Prepare and update grants country program and specific sectoral information sheets. Provide relevant communications information as necessary for dissemination to donors, support office and media.
· Maintain grants and report tracking system to ensure all grant files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring.
· Share lessons learned with WVK leadership, staff and donors from different projects to enhance local planning and implementation, and suggest modifications that might be necessary at the local level based on evidence and lessons learnt.
· Work closely with Grants and acquisition department to appraise them on grants implementation information that can be useful for prepositioning of new grants as well as follow on grants.
· In concert with the finance team, assist program technical leads and operations staff with understanding the reporting and other compliance requirements on their grants
Grants Management Compliance 10%
· Ensure grants or contracts are well administered and that program and support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and WVK procedures to support on-track, on-time, and on-budget implementation
· Coordinate regular grant monitoring, using appropriate grant management tools and through facilitation and support of regular and timely Grant Review, Opening, and Closing Meetings
· Oversee a comprehensive information management and filing system, ensuring donor contractual documents, reports, and key correspondences are consistently and frequently filed
· Maintain a broad and deep understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations and procedures
· Support Program and grants staff in grant revisions, modifications, no-cost extensions, or budget realignments
· Provide support to the Operations Director and Resource Acquisition Director to engage with relevant donors on issues to do with grants compliance and implementation including tracking of key donor correspondence
· Ensure effective channels of internal and external communications relating to grants are established and respected, confirming senior management and technical leads understand donor communication protocols and provide copies of correspondence for documentation and records.
· Proactively identify compliance risks throughout the portfolio and advise programs, support teams and senior management on necessary actions including setting up Grants Risk register, monitoring and implementation
· Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
· Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations, Development or other relevant field; Master’s Degree in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
· At least six years of INGO field experience in a similar position: grant management, proposal development (program narratives and budgets) and donor reporting.
· Extensive knowledge of UN (UNHCR/ UNDP/ UNICEF/WHO), US, EU, and UK, donor regulations, procedures and requirements
· Excellent written and spoken English essential
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
· Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
· Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
· High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required
· Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day work
· Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
How to Apply
For more information on the job and application procedure, please visit: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-africa and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees. Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews**.** Application deadline is November 1, 2020 at midnight. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted**.**
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children. Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks. More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.