Hygiene Agent Job, Other Professions,
Position: Hygiene Agent
Duty Station: Dandora
Duration: 3 months probationary contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières France Mathare Project is looking to fill the position of a Hygiene Agent. The successful candidate reports to the Mental Health Supervisor in the Clinic.
Support the clinic activities by maintaining the highest level of cleanliness and offering required supportive services.
- Cleaning of MSFF Youth clinics and its environs
- Perform daily cleaning of all rooms in the clinic twice daily following infection control guidelines provided.
- Perform dump dusting of surfaces in the rooms daily.
- Clean the waiting bay and dust the benches during each shift and when the need arises
- Laundry management
- Soak dust coats, blankets, bed sheets, and towels and mackintoshes in designated place for decontamination before washing.
- Ensure that clinical coats, bed sheet, blankets and mackintoshes are folded after ironing and kept in designated place in laundry cupboard.
- Wash curtains bi-weekly and when soiled.
- Kitchen management
- Keep the kitchen clean at all times by wiping the table and the floor.
- Responsible for all the utensils in the kitchen.
- Record the broken utensil in the book and Report broken utensils to the clinic supervisor immediately.
- To report on any aspects that threatens or favors the program.
- To abide by the MSF Staff regulations and MSF Charter.
- To maintain confidentiality with respect to MSF’s operational and patient activities
- Education: High school Certificate/Certificate in housekeeping
- Experience: 1+ years’ experience working in a similar position/ experience working with Youth is a plus
- Languages: Good communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Awareness of health and safety procedures
- Reading skills for following instructions
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the subject email line, “Hygiene Agent”, to:
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
Deadline for application: 30th October, 2020
Start Date: 01st December, 2020