Director Job,IT Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Job Reference Number : V/No. 9/2020,
Number of Posts : One (1),
Terms of Service : Three (3) years contract-renewable subject to satisfactory performance,
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 504,200 – 618,100 p.m.
The job holder is responsible for developing, implementing, administering and managing all ICT initiatives to support the mandate of the Judiciary.
The job holder will be responsible to the Chief Registrar of the Judiciary
Area of Deployment:
Directorate of Information Communication and Technology
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing ICT strategic vision, planning and operational leadership, leading and overseeing the implementation of Judiciary’s long and short term ICT plans in accordance with approved strategy;
- Advising the Judiciary on the development, implementation and maintenance of computerized court process, Network Infrastructure implementation, administration and upgrading of network systems and desktop environment that responds to user demands on service delivery taking into account Judicial policies and government standards;
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing of ICT policies, strategies, Identifying and evaluating emerging technologies (hardware and software), procedures and guidelines pertaining to Judiciary processes;
- Coordinating the development, reviewing and implementation of the Judiciary digital strategy across the Judiciary Offices to ensure it reflects the Judiciary’s mandate, needs of the business and emerging service priorities;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of ICT business disaster management strategies to ensure Judicial network systems, establishments and the physical environment, data and users are protected against cyber-attacks, risk exposure, unauthorized access, data loss and corruption;
- Implementing frameworks and systems to improve delivery of administrative services to Judicial stakeholders, which include but not limited to Judicial operation support, digitization of court process, Court Management Systems, Digital Audio Recording and Transcription, Virtual Court Systems (teleconferencing) and document management systems;
- Overseeing implementation of a secure Judiciary Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP), security back-up and disaster recovery measures for all information, technology and systems in the Judiciary;
- Overseeing the timely implementation and monitoring of ICT projects, that are supported by best practice knowledge, demonstrate business value and financial viability, in line with scope and user requirements and ensure governance arrangements are established for the monitoring and control;
- Overseeing installation and maintenance of ICT systems in the Judiciary by ensuring the provision of cost-effective, efficient, high quality ICT services in line with identified needs and ensuring measures are in place to monitor the effectiveness of ICT services within the Judiciary;
- Implementing knowledge management frameworks to guide efficient and effective digitization, records and storage management, distribution of proprietary and confidential information to the public in compliance with Government standards, policies and procedures on security, confidentiality, and integrity pertaining to the historical storage and distribution;
- Identifying, researching and evaluating ICT innovative opportunities to improve Judiciary processes for effective service delivery through partnership and collaboration with Judiciary directorates’ end-users and other stakeholders whilst maintaining quality and efficiency in service delivery;
- Undertaking, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the directorate’s annual budgetary allocations;
- Managing departmental internal controls and procedures, supervising prudent use of ICT financial resources, performance management activities, human resource, ICT assets and physical resources to meet strategic departmental goals;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of ICT user training programs and materials in liaison with the Judiciary’s Directorate of Human Resource Management & development as well as the ICT Authority to ensure technical staff have the right skills and service knowledge and end-users have the digital skills required to promote and accelerate the implementation of the Judiciary Digital Strategy; and
- Ensuring efficient Performance Management, mentoring, guidance and counseling of staff.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Computer Technology, Informatics, Computer Science & Technology, Information Systems, Business Information Technology (BBIT), Computing Science and Technology, Computer Security and Forensics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- A Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Computer Technology, Informatics, Computer Science & Technology, Information Systems, Business Information Technology (BBIT), Computing Science and Technology, Computer Security and Forensics or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Possess at least five (5) Professional Certifications in ICT and one (1) Certification in Project Management;
- Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- A Course in Strategic Leadership and Development or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work Experience;
- At least five (5) years at a Senior Management Level.
Core Job Competencies:
- Strategic Leadership & Good Interpersonal Skills;
- Excellent Communication skills – Verbal and Written;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Rational Decision Making Skills;
- Time Management and the ability to prioritize work;
- Research and Data Management Skills;
- Professional and Technical competence; and
- A demonstrated track record in the delivery of ICT projects and services, strategy development and execution
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
(a) Copy of National Identity Card;
(b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees;
(c) Certified copies of academic & professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials;
(d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH October, 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates