Senior Information Systems, Auditor Job, Latest IT Jobs In Kenya,
Job Reference Number : V/No. 17/2020,
Number of Positions : One (1),
Terms of Service : Pensionable,
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 169,800 – 227,000 p.m.
The job holder will provide independent, objective assurance and consulting audit services designed to add value and improve the Judiciary’s system operations and effectiveness.
The job holder is responsible to Assistant Director, Audit
Area of Deployment:
Directorate of Audit and Risk Management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify activities and processes subject to Information Systems audit coverage, evaluating their significance and assessing the degree of risk inherent in terms of the audit costs involved.
- Carrying out annual risk assessment and preparation of annual internal audit work plan and budget.
- Managing and coordinating various information systems audit activities and assignments;
- Reviewing audit assignment proposals, audit plans and engagement programmes for audit of ICT systems.
- Preparing/Reviewing information systems audit working papers, audit findings and ensure that draft audit reports on information systems are prepared in time.
- Reviewing responses from audit clients on draft audit report, prepare final audit reports and submit for review and approval.
- Ensuring maintenance of high audit standards, adherence to plans, budgets and work schedules.
- Providing leadership in monitoring and making follow up on the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations and maintaining a database of the implementation rate.
- Reviewing compliance with regulations, instructions and procedures in implementation of ICT systems.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual internal audit reports/returns and advice on areas for improvement.
- Carrying out investigations on irregularities identified or reported on in audit reports or by management or any other source.
- Heading special audit assignment teams that may be appointed from time to time.
- Identifying training needs for ICT auditors and ensure that relevant trainings are provided.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Business Administration or Mathematics or Statistics or any other relevant field;
- Professional Certification as a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and registered with Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) in Good Standing;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Application skills; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Middle Management level
Job Core Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
(a) Copy of National Identity Card;
(b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees;
(c) Certified copies of academic & professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials;
(d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH October, 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates