Irrigation/Drainage Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs In Kenya October,
The County Government of Vihiga is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individuals with a highly degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capability to fill the following positions within its staff establishment.
Irrigation /Drainage Engineer Job Group K (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, design and oversee construction of irrigation projects for transporting and distributing water to agricultural lands
- Plan and design irrigation fixtures and installation of fixtures to requirements and specifications
- Direct, through subordinate supervisors, construction of such irrigation systems as dams, canals and ditches according to the type of soil, climate characteristics, water supply, return flow and other factors affecting irrigation
- Conduct research on problems of soil drainage and conservation, applying knowledge of civil engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Knowledge in CAD applications and fluid mechanics that would help in designing irrigation
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution (added advantage)
- At least one (1) year experience in a comparable and relevant position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates and current Chapter Six compliance certificates to the undersigned on or before 26th day of October 2020
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O BOX 880-50300