Laboratory Analyst Job, Current Laboratory Technologist Jobs In Kenya,
Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (OWSC) is a water and sanitation services provider registered under the Company’s Act Cap 486 of laws of Kenya and operated as an agent of Tanathi Water Services Board. Water services provision are devolved to County Governments under the promulgation of the Constitution 2010 and therefore the Company is wholly owned by County Government of Kajiado and regulated by Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB). OWSC is mandated to supply water in the. Jurisdiction of Kajiado North and West Sub Counties.
To strengthen Key Human Resource capacity, we invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates with excellent credentials to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Water Quality Assurance Officer
Department: Technical Department
Job Summary: Perform portable water and wastewater quality analysis tests in the company
Job Grade: 5 (I)
- Analyze portable water samples on regular basis to ensure the final output meets the stipulated
- Analyze wastewater samples on a regular basis in order to ensure the final output meets the stipulated
- Collection of samples and specimens and prepare media, as
- Plan, supervise evaluate and co-ordinate laboratory
- Record and maintain data on the results of the analysis and provide appropriate advice
- Review data to ensure compliance with established quality assurance and quality control acceptance limits
- Determination of Laboratory working equipment and ensure that its readily available
- Maintain, operate and calibrate laboratory equipment and instruments
- Identify the laboratory working tools and materials needed and ensure that they are readily available in the right quality and quantity
- Keep track of the use of supplies in the laboratory to ensure that they are within the stipulated limits.
- Maintenance of Laboratory cultures
- Develop solutions to water quality
- Developing new analytical methods
- Compile and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Perform any other duties as assigned
For a direct appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a BSc in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, Industrial Chemistry or a related field from a recognized institution with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Reliability and repeatability of Quality Control test results for portable water and wastewater
- Identification and management of sampling points along the process
- Traceability of results to duplicate samples
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Testing results conformity to benchmarked test results and conformity to regulatory guidelines
How to Apply
Applications should reach the Company Offices located at Isalu Centere Ground Floor at Ongata Rongai along Magadi road by Close of Business on or before 5th October 2020.