Director Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya,
Job Reference Number : V/No. 5/2020,
Number of Posts : One (1),
Terms of Service : Three (3) year contract-renewable subject to satisfactory performance,
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 504,200 – 618,100 p.m.
The Job holder is responsible for providing litigation and legal advisory services, coordination of investigations to ensure effective complaints processing and sustainable stakeholders’ engagement.
The job holder will be responsible to the Registrar, Judicial Service Commission
Area of Deployment:
Directorate of Legal Services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and coordinating the activities of the Directorate of Legal Services;
- Conducting research on relevant laws and preparing measures to implement policy decisions of the Commission;
- Ensuring that the Commission complies with all applicable laws, regulations and laid down procedures;
- Continuously update the Commission on any changes in the law;
- Reviewing draft policies of the Commission to ensure that they are in compliance with the law;
- Undertaking internal legal compliance audits and ensuring recommendations are disseminated and implemented;
- Representing the Commission on legal cases instituted by or against the Commission;
- Preparing litigation documents; pleadings, notices, affidavits and correspondence;
- Liaising with Commission Counsel and attending Court;
- Conducting investigations on complaints, disciplinary cases and other matters requiring investigations;
- Gathering information and preparing intelligence reports;
- Processing of complaints / petitions received by the Commission;
- Maintaining proper and up-to-date data on complaints filed and processed;
- Managing the Complaints Management Information System; and
- Developing and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies to sustain valuable stakeholder relationships.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Law or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution (added advantage);
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- A Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- A Course in Strategic Leadership and Development or its equivalent;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- Minimum fifteen (15) Years relevant work experience in a Legal Environment;
- At least five (5) Years at Senior Management Level;
- Prior experience working on legal matters including but not limited to judicial reforms, legislative drafting, Investigations and Complaints Management, legal research and analysis shall be added advantage.
Core Job Competencies:
- Strategic Leadership & Good Interpersonal Skills;
- Excellent Communication skills – Verbal and Written;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Rational Decision Making Skills;
- Time Management and the ability to prioritize work; and
- Research and Data Management Skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
(a) Copy of National Identity Card;
(b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees;
(c) Certified copies of academic & professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials;
(d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH October, 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates