Livestock Production Officer Job, Agricultural Jobs In Kenya 2020,
JOB GROUP ‘K’ (CPSB 9) TEN (10) POSTS,
Terms of Service : Permanent and Pensionable,
Basic Salary : Kshs. 38,270 – Kshs. 51,170 p.m.
House Allowance : Kshs. 7,500 p.m.
Commuter Allowance : Kshs. 5,000 p.m.
Medical Benefits : Comprehensive Medical Cover,
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Food Science and Technology, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer applications.
- Preparing livestock technical information;
- Providing technical advice in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, apiculture and ranching;
- Promoting economic livestock farming;
- Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits;
- Participating in collaborative research activities;
- Disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis, on-farm feed formulation;
- Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pig, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging livestock and other animal husbandry interventions, and capturing, maintaining and storing livestock data.
How To Apply
Candidates are requested to download the Application for Employment Form here. Thereafter, candidates should complete the Application for Employment Form and attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identification Card
- Academic, professional certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, plus other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board clearly indicating the position applied for on the envelope which should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board of Nyandarua,
P.O. Box 38-20303,
Applications may also be hand delivered to the County Public Service Board offices located at Posta house, 2nd floor, 0I-Kalou Town. Applications should be received on or before dose of business on 21st October, 2020.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Nyandarua County Government is an equal opportunity employer women, youth, physically challenged, minority and marginalized persons: are encouraged to apply.