Medical Laboratory Technologist Job, Laboratory Technologist Jobs In Kenya 2020,
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Registration certificate issued by Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB);
- Certificate in computer applications skills
- Possess a valid practice license from KMLTTB
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
This is the entry and training grade for Diploma holders. An office at this level will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior and experienced officer Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Decontaminating working benches;
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens;
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- Receiving, collecting, labelling and registering of specimens;
- Disaggregating specimens for processing and analyses;
- Preparing reagents; examining specimens;
- Writing and recording of results;
- Dispatching the results for use in clinical management;
- Preparing stains;
- Performing blood grouping;
- Issuing blood and blood products to peripheral Health facilities and;
- Storing blood products according to their requirements
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
How To Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Monday, 13th October, 2020.
- The Makueni County Job Application Form can be downloaded here.(click here to download)
- Candidates should attach relevant professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Professional registration Certificate, and Practice License where necessary.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged personsare encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Payment of any form of fee will lead to automatic disqualification