Nurse Counsellor Job, Latest Nursing Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Nurse Counsellor
Duty Station: Dandora
Duration: 3 months probationary contract, extendable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières France Mathare Project is looking to fill the position of a Nurse Counsellor. The successful candidate reports to the Youth Clinic Manager.
Provide counselling and nursing care according to protocols applied in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- To provide information, counselling and treatment on reproductive health, sexuality and safety to the Adolescent and youth clients as per the MSF/ MoH guidelines.
- To provide pregnancy testing and appropriate referral for care.
- To provide information on sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) Counselling, Screening and Treatment
- To provide Post apportion care as per the MSF/MOH guidelines.
- To provide VCT and link to care.
- Provision of a comprehensive Sexual and gender Based care for survivors as per the MSF/ MoH guidelines
- Properly receive survivors and provide initial counselling.
- Evaluate the risk of the transmission of STI, prevent and treat them.
- To provide follow up sessions as per guidelines:
- To schedule patient follow up as per schedule (medical and psychosocial)
- To explore unique follow up scheduling aligned to the needs of adolescents and the youth (flexibility in time, day, mode of follow up including phone follow ups)
- To participate in any other program activities as will be required
- To take part in the different program activities as required and to provide input to the relevant departments
- To participate in ongoing education sessions, CMEs and community health activities.
- Education Essential recognized Nursing Degree/Diploma
- Experience Desirable 2 years previous experience in sexual and reproductive health
- Previous experience in a Youth Friendly service is a plus
- Previous experience with MSF is a plus
- Counselling skills /experience is a plus.
- Languages Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must, other local languages is a plus.
- Knowledge Required good computer skills (Excel, Word) Competencies
- Competencies Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment and service
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the subject email line, “Nurse Counsellor”, to:
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
Deadline for application: 30th October, 2020
Start Date: 01st December, 2020