Product Development Specialist Job, Other Professions,
Position : Product Development Specialist
Region : Nairobi
Reporting to: Head of Product & Innovation
Band : 3
Business Unit : Telkom Consumer
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The job holder will be required to mainly focus on Product Management throughout the Product life Cycle from development to execution. This includes gathering product/customer requirements, defining the product, working closely with the technical teams to execute ensuring that the commercial goals for the Telkom Consumer products are met as well as grow and develop the products portfolio.
- Execute the Mobile,MFS,VAS product strategy and roadmap
- Develop and implement innovations that enable customers derive more satisfaction from Telkom Consumer, MFS and VAS products
- Ensure the delivery of forecasted revenue targets and growth in usage of existing Mobile, MFS,VAS services
- Drive the customization of Telkom Consumer for key market segment and ensuring that commercial partners adhere to Telkom quality standards
- Identify, develop and commercialize new revenue streams for the Telkom Consumer products
- Drive the positioning of Telkom Consumer and Digital products in the market place
- Conduct reconciliation with the different content providers
- Provide appropriate reports and assist in technical production to team
- Analyze current marketing trends and ensure consistency of styling with same
- Must adhere to current compliance standards
- Must at all times adhere to Service Standards of Performance
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Business, Marketing and/or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Product Manager
- Working knowledge of VAS functions, its application in various markets and revenue models.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Telecoms Industry Knowledge is a plus
Here are the skills we are looking for
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Networking and building partnerships
- Analytical thinking, have a positive attitude, lots of energy, confidence, open mind, and high personal standards of integrity
- Influencing and negotiation Skills
- Customer focus
- Strategic creativity
- Self-directed, critical thinker and result focused
- Creative problem-solver with proven project management skills.
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 31st October 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.