Project Officer Job, Agricultural Jobs In Kenya October 2020,
Position: Project Officer-Livelihood &Resilience
Report to: Program Coordinator
Location: Nasinyono – Kakuma
Food security and livelihoods remains critical in AIC-Health Ministries operations for communities to realize their development needs. Kenya’s Vision 2030 identifies agriculture as one of the key economic sectors expected to drive national development. In an effort to realize this goal, AICHM livelihood project through the support of its development partners are seeking the services of a livelihood and resilience project officer to continue offering/ implement livelihood support project to strengthen food security and improve the standards of living in Nasinyono community in Turkana County.
The candidate must have a thorough understanding of production agriculture concepts and techniques. Must be a motivated, self-starter, identifying goals to be accomplished daily/annually. Requires individual with problem solving and solution minded techniques.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of programs and direct Supervision of Program coordinator, the incumbent shall be responsible for supporting the projects under livelihood by assisting in the implementation of field activities, mobilizing communities, collecting data and information, organizing events, monitoring and reporting progress of daily activities of the livelihoods component of the program in the field.
- Provide effective, innovative and technical leadership in the Livelihood & resilience project management
- Collaborate with relevant line ministries to implement food security and economic empowerment interventions within the area.
- Facilitate adoption of best practice/approaches/models in the course of the implementation of the project
- Ensure Integration & monitoring of cross cutting themes into the project
- Ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits/range.
- Contextualization and utilization of reporting guidelines
- Manage community expectations in terms of the support that AICHM can provide, enhance accountability & transparency mechanisms.
- Generate and share high quality and timely routine project management reports (Monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) as per Donor requirements
- Mobilize and sensitize community for empowerment & sustainability
- Build capacity of communities and partners on integration for synergy & Community based monitoring for sustainability.
- Gather and provide quality feedback and data to be used to develop technical papers and recommendations on key issues for external engagement with decision makers
- Establish and sustain working relationships with Government Departments and
Agencies relevant to the programme’s focus area at the Ward, Sub County and County levels.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics/Forestry/ Environmental Education or a closely related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum two years of work experience in food security and related sectors
- Excellent Computer skills
- Ability to ride a motor cycle (in possession of a valid and clean riding license)
- The holder of this position must be results orientated leader who is able to handle a heavy work load.
- Any knowledge on Empowered World View, Disaster Management and Peace building initiatives will be an added advantage
How to apply
AICHM does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, marital status. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. AICHM is an at-will employer.
Please send your application to:
The Executive Director,
AIC Health Ministries,
BOX 40431-00100, NAIROBI
NOT later than 10th November 2020. Applications can also be sent through Email: email@example.com