Senior Public Affairs And Corporate Communications Officer Job, Current Communication Jobs In Kenya,
Job Reference Number : V/No. 8/2020,
Number of Posts : One (1),
Terms of Service : Three (3) years Contract – Renewable subject to satisfactory performance,
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 169,800 – 227,000 p.m.
The job holder will be responsible for enhancement of communication between the Commission and its internal and external stakeholders.
The job holder will be responsible to the Registrar, Judicial Service Commission
Area of Deployment:
Public Affairs and Corporate Communication Department
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing formulation, implementation and reviewing of the Commission’s Communication policies, strategies and guidelines;
- Ensuring effective and efficient crisis communication management;
- Championing public engagement for effective stakeholders’ relations;
- Managing corporate information gateways for effective communication;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of strategies to foster positive media relations;
- Coordinating preparation of timely media supplements, appearances, documentaries, press releases and features;
- Managing the Commission’s digital platforms;
- Managing executive events with a view to securing institutional profiling moments;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of initiatives to promote the Commission’s positive corporate image and foster relations with stakeholders;
- Facilitating promotion of public awareness of the Commission’s programs and processes through development and dissemination of Information, Education and Communication materials;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of a robust internal communication strategies;
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communication or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university/institution;
- A Post-Graduate Diploma in any of the following: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communication any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university/institution;
- Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- A Senior Management course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum of Six (6) years relevant work Experience;
- At least Three (3) years at Supervisory Management level;
Core Job Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
(a) Copy of National Identity Card;
(b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees;
(c) Certified copies of academic & professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials;
(d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH October, 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates