Regional Nutrition Officer Job, Nutrition Jobs In Kenya October,
Regional Nutrition Officer – Coast Region
Position Title: Regional Nutrition Officer
Reporting to: Administratively to Regional Manager – Coast and Programmatically to Program Manager; Nutrition.
Job Location: Malindi
The role is responsible for effective planning, budgeting, implementing and evaluating community-based nutrition programmes to address persistently high levels of acute and chronic malnutrition, support integration of nutrition actions in emergency preparedness and response, food and livelihood security as well as support generation of knowledge and documentation of best practices in the field of public health nutrition.
The strategy is to develop and deliver an integrated nutrition resilience framework for intervention execution focusing on partnerships, advocacy, behaviour and attitude change manifested in the application of optimal nutrition practices across the life cycle prior to, during and after emergencies.
Programme coordination and partnerships:
- Coordinate with Regional and Branch Offices, communities and other stakeholders in development of costed contingency and nutrition action plans aligned to the Government policies, strategic action plan as well as the Society’s strategic objectives
- Coordinate with other regional technical officers, project officers, implementation of funded projects, enhancing synergies with other partners implementing in the same area, relevant line ministries, towards realizing intended nutritional outcomes as well as contributing to realization of overall project goals
- Participate in Nutrition Technical and other forums.
- Build partnerships with other stakeholders, including county and district representatives, communities, that would enhance advocacy efforts to scale up nutrition at county level
- Represent the Society at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to articulate issues related to humanitarian relief services at county level
- Support integration of nutrition in vulnerability capacity assessments, disaster risk mapping tools, health initiatives including vaccination campaigns, HIV, food security and livelihood programmes
- Provide nutrition specific training to existing Red Cross Action Teams (RCAT), Disaster Response Teams (DRTs) at the community, Branch and Regional level to enhance their response capacity during emergencies
- Support in roll out of National level nutrition protocols to health workers for improving quality service delivery
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Initiate and coordinate nutrition assessments during emergencies to establish the magnitude of nutrition needs for affected population.
- Ensure monitoring actions for compliance to the Breast milk Substitutes regulations and control act and reporting on any violations
- Participate in evaluation studies, operational research and other knowledge generation initiatives and documenting relevant learning’s for dissemination and for supporting organizational development
- In close conjunction with the region/branch, specifically the National disaster management authority, assist in the development and implementation of community based nutrition early warning systems (EWS) utilizing existing technology
- Prepare inception reports, concept papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and areas of improvement
- Periodically visit KRCS project sites within the region to ensure integration of nutrition activities.
- Coordinate with supply chain function to ensure stockpiling is carried out through prepositioning of emergency items at various warehouses for distribution to the affected communities
- Coordinate with other regional technical officers in preparation of funding proposals and appeals for region specific development needs and humanitarian assistance in line with the sector strategic plan by ensuring adherence to donor requirement.
- Support the organizations income-generating activities through implementation of marketing strategies aimed at sensitizing all clients about KRCS.
- BSc Foods and Nutrition or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in planning, implementing, monitoring an devaluation of nutrition programs
- Experience in delivery of high quality emergency nutrition programs
Skills and experience
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills
- A good team player and culturally sensitive
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including data entry and analysis such as SPSS , ENA for SMART
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly flexible and ability to cope with stressful situations
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 23rd October 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.