Resident Consultant Job, Current Consultancy Jobs in Kenya 2020,
RESIDENT CONSULTANT ANAESTHESIOLOGIST
Vacancy no: AKHK/MDA/002
Reporting to the Head of Department the successful candidate will be responsible for efficient delivery of anesthesiology services to patients, mentoring junior doctors, assisting with critical patients in the ACU among others.
- Planning anesthesia services through thorough review of patients pre, intra and post operatively
- Giving anesthesia
- Responding to emergencies that require the input of an anesthesiologist
- Sharing on-call responsibilities in anesthesia
- Being part of the team that looks after critical patients in acute care unit
- Teaching and mentoring of junior Doctors
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree of Medicine in Anesthesia from a University recognized in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree of anesthesia and ICU or Medicine & Surgery
- Minimum 2 years work experience as an anesthesiologist
- Specialist Recognition as an anesthesiologist desirable
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good communication skills.
- Be flexible and result oriented.
- Be ardent scientist with good clinical judgement
- Have a good understanding of quality processes within the department of anesthesiology
- Be in good standing with the Medical Board
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th October 2020.
- The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “HEAD OF FINANCE AKHK/FIN/001”
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”