Assistant Director Job, Latest Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya,
Job Reference Number : V/No. 11/2020,
Number of Positions : One (1),
Terms of Service : Pensionable,
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 283,000 – 360,600 p.m.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring efficient procurement planning and management within the Judiciary; analyzing and coordinating the administrative, technical and commercial aspects of the tendering and contract process; and ensuring efficient management of stores, inventory and assets management in the Judiciary.
The job holder will be responsible to the Director, Supply Chain Management
Area of Deployment:
- Procurement Planning and Secretariat or
- Tendering, Contracts Administration and Management or
- Stores, Inventory, Asset Management and Disposals
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing Supply Chain Management (SCM) policies, procedures, strategies and programs in line with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, (PPADA) 2015 and Regulations;
- Providing professional opinion and advisory services on Supply Chain Management;
- Ensuring strict adherence to the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and the Judiciary Procurement and Disposal manual and policies;
- Coordinating the preparation, advertisement, submission, opening and evaluation of Tenders/ Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other procurement initiatives;
- Providing secretariat services to the Procurement/Tender /Disposal and Evaluation Committees, and Contract Implementation Teams;
- Preparing and implementing procurement and asset disposal plans;
- Monitoring contract management by user functions in conformity with the terms and condition of the contracts;
- Ensuring update and management of inventory, stock, Disposals and Asset Register;
- Conducting procurement market research, surveys and global trends with respect to Supply Chain Management;
- Preparing and submitting timely and periodic management and statutory reports; and
- Facilitating Performance Management, mentoring, guidance and counseling of staff.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Purchasing and Supplies, Procurement and Logistics Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Business Administration (Supply Chain Management) from a recognized institution;
- A Post Graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Logistics Management (CIPS, CPSP) or any other relevant qualifications;
- Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing and Current Practicing License;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum nine (9) years’ relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years of which should be at Middle Management level;
Core Job Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence
- Confidentiality, High intergrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical and Negotiation skills; and
- Organizational planning skills and results-oriented
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
(a) Copy of National Identity Card;
(b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees;
(c) Certified copies of academic & professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials;
(d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH October, 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates