Assistant Research Officer Job, Latest Pharmaceutical Jobs,
Assistant Research Officer- BOHEMIA & TRUE PROJECT
The candidate will participate in research activities of two distinct studies:
- The TRUE-1 trial is a phase I trial that aims to evaluate the safety of escalating doses of a repurposed drug, unithiol. It is hoped this drug may provide a safe and effective adjunct to antivenom for the treatment of viperid snake envenoming. The project also comprises an observational study involving the collection of clinical samples from children and adults admitted to KCH following a suspected snakebite. This work aims to define the biting species, measure outcomes and to further our understanding of the pathophysiology of envenoming.
- BOHEMIA PK400 is a phase II trial aiming at evaluating the pharmacokinetics (PK) of ivermectin in a human host and the related pharmacodynamics (PD) in the malaria vector when used administered as an oral endectocide. This study aims at understanding the effect of high dose ivermectin (400mcg/Kg) on the survival of malaria vectors post blood feeding and will further our understanding of the optimal dose for mass drug administration of ivermectin for malaria control.
- Head of Clinical Trials
- Principal Investigator (TRUE-1)
- Principal Investigator (PK400)
The job will entail research coordination, preparation and maintenance of various scientific and research governance related materials for the purposes of ethical and regulatory approval, GCP and monitoring requirements. Although not essential, laboratory experience would be helpful.
- Maintain documents for each study, including ICFs and CRFs.
- Assist with preparation of study materials.
- Maintain ward stocks of consumables, including blood tubes for the observational study.
- Assist with developing and maintaining study SOPs.
- Assist with maintaining the TMFs and providing documentation to study monitors.
- Data entry from paper CRFs to database.
- Assist with data management, such as troubleshooting missing data.
- Prepare documents for ethical and regulatory reviews.
- Prepare documentation for Data Safety Monitoring Board reviews.
- Some basic laboratory skills would be desirable, although training for specific assays will be provided.
- Any other appropriate duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A BSc degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field.
- At least one-year relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with research governance.
- Experience with preparation of scientific reports.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to keep accurate scientific records.
- Ability to work independently, organize and plan own workload and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in clinical trials or laboratory research using GCP and GCLP.
- Based at the KEMRI- Wellcome Trust Research Programme in Kilifi, Kenya
- Be available to work out of hours if necessary .
- Exposure to materials considered infectious and/or biohazards.
How to Apply
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 26 November, 2020.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).