Communications Officer Job, Latest Communication Jobs,
(JG “K”) REF.BCPSB/06/2020
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and distribution of press releases and other materials to the media;
- Coordinating and organizing press teams for prompt and effective coverage of the Governor’s and Deputy Governor’s functions;
- Drafting speeches and talking notes for the Governor;
- Editing stories on various topical issues before they are released to the public;
- Liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern;
- Scheduling interviews with government officials;
- Managing assigned projects/programmes;
- Assisting in building corporate relations;
- Undertaking media monitoring;
- Participating in event organization and management; and
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Governor.
Qualifications for the Communications Officer
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a University recognized in Kenya and a post-graduate qualification in any of the following: Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Media Studies/Science or a related field.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Have working experience of not less than 5 years preferably in Communication and/or Public Relations.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Should have good attention to detail and good relationship management skills.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution.
Remuneration: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission
How To Apply
Due to the resurgence of COVID-19, the Board shall not be receiving hard copy applications
by hand delivery, courier or post. In this regard, all written applications accompanied by scanned copies of the following the relevant document listed below should be sent to the board via
email onlyto email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
not later than 5.00 pm of Tuesday 24th November 2020.
All applications accompanied by scanned copies of relevant academic and professional certificates; a copy of the applicant’s National Identity Card and any other relevant testimonials should be addressed to The Secretary/CEO; Baringo County Public Service Board; Mwalimu Plaza, 2nd Floor, West Wing, P.O. Box 585-30400, Kabarnet, sent by email only. No Hard copies will be received.
All applicants must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity and must attach scanned copies of the following Chapter Six compliance clearance certificates: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID); Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); A Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); A Certificate from the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Certificate of Clearance from any of the recognized Credit References Bureaus in the Country.
All applicants are requested to indicate in the subject line of the email message forwarding
their application letters and documents, the title of the position applied for and BCPSB Reference No.
Baringo County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified persons including PLWDS are encouraged to apply.