Environment Officer Job, Current County Government Jobs In Kenya,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Public Service Board of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions;
Position: Environment Officer, Job Group CPSB 09 (6 Posts)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 38,270 x 1,470 – 39,740 x 1,520 – 41,260x 1,710 – 42,970 x 1,920 – 44,890
x 2,000 – 46,890 x 2,110 – 49,000 x 2,170 – 51,170 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
The officer will coordinate environmental issues and participate in forums at the sub county level to ensure sustainable management of the environment. Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Implement County Environmental work plans;
- Carry out environmental inspections and promoting environmental quality;
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of environmental regulations;
- Coordinate environmental education and information;
- Inventory and mapping of facilities that are sources of pollution;
- Collaborate with NGO’s and communities in environmental conservation activities within the Sub-County;
- Propose environmental action plans for the Sub-County; and
- Mainstream environmental screening in development proposals from the Sub-County.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies/ Science, Botany, Ecology, Climate Change, Remote Sensing, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management, Conservation Biology or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Have at least two (2) years relevant working experience;
- Be registered with a relevant professional body;
- Have a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
- Experience in GIS will be an added advantage; and
- Demonstrated merit and shown ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
- Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill Chapter Six requirements of the constitution of Kenya, 2020 on integrity and leadership before appointment
Applicants should click on “Our Job Offers” Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the application form and submit ONLINE on or before 13th November, 2020 at 11.59.00 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY