Laboratory Quality Assurance Officer Job, Current Quality Assurance Jobs,
Laboratory Quality Assurance Officer
The role is to develop, monitor and implement comprehensive quality assurance programmes and processes that will ensure the maintenance of laboratory Quality Management Systems (QMS) to internationally recognised Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) standards.
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Develop, monitor and implement quality assurance compliance objectives and programs and report on progress/ level of compliance.
- Participate in the development, review, update and implementation of quality policies, procedures and monitoring tools.
- Liaise with managers and operating staff within the laboratories to ensure that QA/QC procedures are continuously monitored with well documented corrective action where appropriate.
- Collate and analyse performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- Organise internal audits as per identified auditable areas, train internal auditors, co-ordinate internal audits and ensure document all audit findings are documented.
- Liaise with the external auditors, monitors and inspectors in conducting audit activities including scheduling audits, facilitating audits and working with relevant staff to implement actionable areas/findings.
- Maintain laboratory staff training database, identify and coordinate quality related training needs, develop training programs and materials and conduct training.
- Promote quality achievements and performance improvement within and throughout the laboratories.
- Coordinate regular QMS performance meetings with designated personnel from each laboratory discipline to communicate objectives, discuss performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure maintenance and control of laboratory QMS records and documentation.
- Prepare and submit reports as and when required.
- Prepare research papers for presentation at conferences or publication.
- Deputise and fill-in for other quality staff as may be required.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in medical laboratory technology, biomedical sciences, laboratory management or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in a research or medical laboratory/ medical lab QA role.
- Professional qualification in laboratory quality assurance.
- Training in laboratory quality management systems, quality assurance programs or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of lab QMS’s, GCLPs and ISO 15189 standards.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Strong analytical and follow through ability; attentive to detail.
- Ability to follow laid down processes and procedures.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 30 November, 2020.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).