Legal Counsel Job, Latest Legal Jobs,
(JG “Q”) REF.BCPSB/04/2020
Duties and Responsibilities
- Representing the Board and any other assigned legal suite in court and any other ADRs
- Conduct legal research on the implementation of relevant statutes and proposals
- Conduct legal research and render a legal opinion on the efficacy of legal matters
- Conduct legal duties on the applicable Labour and Industrial Relations law
- Conduct legal duties on the applicable domestic and international law
- Review and analyze different issues pertaining to Criminal, Civil, Investments and trade law.
- Adjudication of cases related to the privatization process, commercial transactions between parties.
- Ownership claims, negotiation between parties and liquidation procedures.
- Draft legal documents, letters to parties, orders, decisions, judgments and their corresponding court documents.
- Any other duty as assigned by County Chief Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized university.
- Minimum of three (6) years practice experience (post admission).
- Must be a registered Advocate of the High Court with a valid practicing license.
- Experience in preparing policy related briefings and presenting policy proposals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, innovative and computer literate.
- Must be a member of Law Society of Kenya.
- Satisfy Chapter 6 requirements of the Constitution of Kenya.
Remuneration: As provided for by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
How To Apply
Due to the resurgence of COVID-19, the Board shall not be receiving hard copy applications
by hand delivery, courier or post. In this regard, all written applications accompanied by scanned copies of the following the relevant document listed below should be sent to the board via
email onlyto email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
not later than 5.00 pm of Tuesday 24th November 2020.
All applications accompanied by scanned copies of relevant academic and professional certificates; a copy of the applicant’s National Identity Card and any other relevant testimonials should be addressed to The Secretary/CEO; Baringo County Public Service Board; Mwalimu Plaza, 2nd Floor, West Wing, P.O. Box 585-30400, Kabarnet, sent by email only. No Hard copies will be received.
All applicants must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity and must attach scanned copies of the following Chapter Six compliance clearance certificates: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID); Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); A Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); A Certificate from the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Certificate of Clearance from any of the recognized Credit References Bureaus in the Country.
All applicants are requested to indicate in the subject line of the email message forwarding
their application letters and documents, the title of the position applied for and BCPSB Reference No.
Baringo County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified persons including PLWDS are encouraged to apply.