Principal Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs 2020,
Trans-Nzoia County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable qualified persons (Internally) to fill the following position(s):
PRINCIPAL LEGAL OFFICER, GRADE CPSB-05 (2 Posts) V/No. 62/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh. 87,360 x 3,190 – 90,550 x 4,490 – 95,040x 4,860 – 99,900 x 5,010 – 104,910x 5,240 – 110,150 x 5,500 – 115,650×5,780 -121,430 p.m.
Duties and responsibility at this level will entail:
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues;
- Analyzing research data and compiling reports;
- Preparing preliminary legal documents/instruments;
- Preparing legal opinions;
- Undertaking law review;
- Ensuring compliance with regional and international instruments;
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, human rights, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity;
- Organizing stakeholder
For appointment to this grade an officer must have;
- Served in the grade of Senior Legal Officer CPSB ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from a recognized university;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Cards should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Trans-Nzoia County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 4210, 30200
NOTE: To meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, applicants are required to get certificates from the under listed organizations:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption
- Criminal Investigation
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Copies of these certificates MUST be attached to the applications.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Trans Nzoia County Public Service Board does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number: 0713635352 only.
All applications should reach the Board Secretary, Trans-Nzoia County Public Service Board, Board’s Offices situated after Mt. Elgon Hospital next to Kenya Red Cross Kitale Offices on or before 27th November, 2020.