Legal Services Assistant Director Job, Legal Jobs,
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, LEGAL SERVICES KeNHA GRADE 4 – (Ref. No. KeNHA/AD-LEGAL/021/2020)
Job Title: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, LEGAL & REGULATORY SERVICES KeNHA GRADE 4 1 Position
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Place of Work: Headquarters
Directorate: Corporation Secretary / Legal Services
Reporting to: Deputy Director, Corporation Secretary & Legal Services
Supervises: Senior Legal Officer
The job holder will play a key role in the execution of the Directorate’s programs and managing Board meetings by providing Company Secretarial Services. Developing, implementing and managing an organization’s compliance program. Coordinating with state regulations. Planning, implementing and overseeing risk-related programs. Creating and coordinating proper reporting channels for compliance issues.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- advising the Authority on all legal matters that may arise in the Authority’s operations;
- drawing and vetting of Contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- following up on cases filed against the Authority and preparation of legal reports and opinions;
- assisting in developing, implementing and reviewing legal policies and procedures to ensure that they are in tandem with the existing legislation;
- Negotiating for contracts;
- coordinating service providers in legal matters involving the Authority; (vii)initiating legal action on behalf of the Authority on recovery measures;
- undertaking legal research;
- advising the Authority on the legislation that affect the Road Sub-Sector and changes made thereof;
- providing Company Secretarial services to the Board through coordination of preparation of Board agenda and papers by Heads of Departments and Sections and arrangement of Board and Board Committee Meetings;
- attending Board meetings and communicating resolutions of the Board to the Heads of Departments and Sections for timely action;
- preparing Minutes of the Board in a timely manner and ensuring their circulation;
- Keeping custody of the records of the Board and the preservation of original documents;
- monitoring compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements;
- providing of day to day legal and regulatory support to the functional areas covering general compliance queries and reviews; and
- liaising with external lawyers on all cases filed against the Authority to ensure instructions, witnesses and statements are procured on time;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- A minimum of eight (8) years and at least three (3) experience in supervisory role in the Public or Private Sector;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Law, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Admitted as an advocate of the High Court Kenya;
- Annual Practicing Certificate from the Law Society of Kenya;
- Certificate of good standing from the Law Society of Kenya;
- Demonstrated Management Competency including Project Management skills; (ix)Proven Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific address shown below by close of business on 7th December 2020 at 5.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications for the positions of Director, Audit Services Grade 2; Deputy Director, Research & Innovation Grade 3 and Deputy Director, Corporate Communications Grade 3 clearly quoting the reference number (as shown in the detailed Job Specifications) should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4th Floor (Outside the Director General’s Office) OR Emailed to Boardrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. And addressed to:-
The Chairman-Board of Directors, Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road.
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications for the positions of Assistant Director, Social Safeguards Grade 4; Assistant Director, Audit Services Grade 4; Assistant Director, Legal Services Grade 4 ; Senior Internal Auditor Grade 5; Senior Knowledge Management Officer Grade 5 ; Internal Auditor Grade 6 and Security Officer Grade 6 clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2nd Floor (Outside the HRM Department Office OR Emailed to Managementrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. , and addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.