TERMS OF REFERENCE
DRC is the lead UNHCR livelihood partner in Dadaab refugee camp.
Livelihoods Program currently receive financial support from UNHCR, ECHO, DANIDA and; most recently EUTF to support refugees and host communities in promoting interventions that strengthen beneficiary capabilities, protect their material and social assets for enhanced resilience and self-reliance.
The program intervention includes; capacity building on business development skills, technical vocational skills training at DRC vocational centers and scholarship for tertiary education in the various universities and tertiary institutions in Kenya.
The program contributes to the durable solutions by preparing refugees for ultimate return. The online job platform will provide a linkage interface between graduates of the respective scholarships offered and the potential employers in the country of origin.
The consultant will undertake maintenance and upgrading of the system to meet latest minimum technological requirements and data security.
Upgrade the online job portal from Laravel architecture to Angular JS architecture and improve the UX/UI.
EVALUATION DELIVERABLES /OUTPUTS
System functionalities fully complete i.e.
- Registration of potential employers/employees,
- Posting of new jobs by employers.
- Deletion of jobs once deadline is reached.
- Fully updated user and system requirement manuals.
The system update codding will be done remotely on DRC GitHub account with development updates done in biweekly meetings. All source code should be shared in the GitHub account together with user manuals and any other documentations.
What are the expected documentations e.g. reports user manual etc.*
- Monthly progress reports.
- System use case.
- System user manuals.
- System requirement manuals.
DRC’s responsibilities e.g. review progress reports, code update etc.*
- Review progress reports.
- Review updated code and support in integration of the various system modules/components in GitHub.
- Conduct system unit and module tests.
- Process payment once agreed milestones are achieved and reports approved.
Outline how the reporting will be done.*
The consultant will report to the MIS Officer
TERMS & CONDITIONS.
Outline the terms and conditions.*
- All applications/proposal to be done in English.
- The consultant shall not subcontract the consultancy withought DRC consent.
- The consultant must have all required tools and genuine softwares.
Outline the applicant’s requirements.*
Qualified applicants should prepare a proposal detailing how he/she will undertake the consultancy as well as previous assignments undertaken together with a financial plan/budget for the consultancy.
Skills and level of education of the consultant to undertake the job.*
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core Angular
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets using Nodejs
- Familiarity with common Node.js modules, including Express
- Familiarity with deployment and monitoring of Nodejs applications
- Extensive experience designing and developing web service technologies such as REST API, or JSON.
- Extensive experience writing automated unit, UI, and End-to-End tests suites for all components with testing tools such as Mocha, Jasmine, and Protractor
- Extensive work experience with database technologies such (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), and web servers (e.g. Apache).
- Knowledge of the use of version control tools such as Git
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single-page apps
- Validating user actions on the client-side and providing responsive feedback
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- BSC computer science with at least 5 years’ experience developing Web applications.
This activity should be completed in 3 months time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit required documents by 1st December 2020, 4:30pm EAT. All the relevant documents/forms for this consultancy can be accessed from DRC website under tenders: www.drc.ngo
NB: All queries should be sent to: email@example.com.