Nurse Job, Nursing Jobs In Kenya November 2020,
MSF is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
We are launching locum pool recruitment for activities in Dagahaley Refugee Camp.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Nursing Team Supervisor.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary • Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance of biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Participate in the hospital platforms, departmental meetings, quality control activities like death audits, case reviews, prescription audits etc.
- Ensure the registration of day to day consumption according as per procedure in place including proper cold chain management and maintenance in the department.
- EPREP team member: Assist in response to emergencies within the project or as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Education: Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
- Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Languages Mission language (English) essential and local language (Somali) desirable.
- Competencies Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment & Service
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, please apply with your CV, motivation letter on or before the 11th November 2020
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)