General Nursing Officers Job, Medical Jobs November 2020,
Position: General Nursing Officers – KUTRRH/GATHA/GNO/004
Nbr of posts: 10 POSTS
At Gatundu Level 5 Hospital, an Annex of Kenyatta University Teaching Referral and Research Hospital, we seek to engage qualified staff for the positions listed below. Applicants must demonstrate diligence, commitment and a positive attitude.
Reporting to the Senior Nursing Officer, the general nurses’ job exists to provide nursing services and care, and provide nursing research and training.
- Receive, register, record and document patients’ information and present the same to the Medical Officers at the unit of
- Transfer referred patients from unit for further diagnosis or specialized treatment from other units of the
- Provide general nursing services and care to patients in the
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness in the
- Support Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in attending to patients in the unit
- Administer medication to patients in the unit as prescribed by Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in the
- Administer patient care and nursing to outpatients in the
- Monitor patients’ progress in the unit, document the same for clear patient records and report the same to the Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in the
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling patients with multiple of complex medical conditions in the units in the
- Supervise, guide and mentor junior nursing officers, interns and nursing students, together with their work in the units of the hospital.
- Provide nursing services research and training to students at the unit of the
- Ensure that the nursing areas of the hospital are clean and tidy complying with sanitation standards of the
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya and Valid Practice License
- Must have a Certificate in a course in life saving
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Proven track record of nursing research and training in a reputable institution
- At least two (2) years working experience as a Nursing Officer in a reputable health
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 1st December 2020. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal: www.kutrrh.go.ke
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official email/ telephone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.