Principal Environmental Planning Officer Job, Latest Jobs In Kenya,
- Coordinating formulation of the National Environment action plan
- Providing technical backstopping in the preparation of County Environment Action Plan
- Coordinating Review of the Environment Action Plans Preparation Guidelines
- Integration of environmental concerns into plans, projects, and activities
- Participating in monitoring implementation of environmental action plans
- Identifying of Environmentally Significant Areas (ESAs)
- Coordinating the preparation of Ecosystems Management Plans;
- Supporting the preparation of state of environment reports;
- Preparation of work plans, Performance Contract and progress reports for the department;
- Examining land use patterns to determine their impacts on the quality and quantity of natural resources
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Env. Planning and Management, Env. Sciences,Natural Resources Management,Community Development,Geo-Informatics,Urban Planning,Development Studies or any other relevant field
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Environmental Planning and Management, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources, Urban Planning, Development Studies or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Management course lasting not less four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience in environmental field and at least three (3) Years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
- Good Communication skills
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to apply
For more information on the jobs and application procedure, please visit our on-line recruitment portal https://erp.nema.go.ke:8081/ and submit your application, Copies of academic certificates, testimonials and a detailed curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, current position/grade, expected salary and daytime telephone contact. Attachments should not exceed 10MB.
Hand delivered or posted applications, as appropriate, should be submitted to the address below;
The Director General
National Environment Management Authority
1st Floor, NEMA Headquarters
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 67839 – 00200
All applications should be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, 23rd November, 2020.
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to fulfill the requirement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya by submitting copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations during the interviews:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (certificate of Good Conduct); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
NEMA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.