Principal Human Resource Management Officer Job, HR Jobs 2020,
POST: V/NO NGEC/HR/02/2020,
Basic Salary: Ksh. 138,120- 197,609 p.m (NGEC GRADE 4),
House Allowance: Ksh. 50,000 p.m,
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 16,000 p.m,
Annual Leave: Ksh. 40,000 p. a,
Medical Cover (Per family p.a in Ksh): Outpatient 300,000, Inpatient 3,000,000, Maternity 300,000 Dental 50,000 and Optical 50,000,
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable,
Duty Location: Head Office-Nairobi,
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Senior Human Resource Management Officer for a period of 3 years or in a relevant and comparable position for a minimum period of six (6) years, three(3) years of which should have been at management level;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration/Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences, or any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration/Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences, or any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- A Diploma/Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP);
- A member of Institute of Human Resource in good standing and has a valid Practicing Certificate;
- Attended a Senior Management Course in a recognized institution;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Computer Skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Assistant Director, Human Resource Management and Administration for the day today management and administration of the Human Resource Management Division. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating utilization of the human resources at the Commission and advising on proper deployment and training;
- Coordinating staff performance and career progression and making appropriate recommendations;
- Facilitating recruitment, selection, placement, training and development of staff;
- Overseeing Payroll administration;
- Coordinating training needs assessment;
- Implementing performance appraisal system;
- Facilitating human resource planning, discipline, employee relations and staff welfare;
- Coordinating sensitization on cross-cutting issues;
- Assisting in the implementation of human resource management/development policies, rules and regulations;
- Developing appropriate human resource management policies, rules and regulations;
- Managing human resources and general records; and
- Preparing divisions budgets and work plans.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for together with:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of National Identity Card;
- Certified copies of Academic Certificates, transcripts, professional certificates and any other relevant supporting documents;
- A copy of a letter of appointment to the current substantive post showing position and salary; and
- Three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts
Please Note that:
- The National Gender and Equality Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
- The Commission does not ask for any money nor ask applicants to undergo any medical examination.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications must be submitted in soft copy only, through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Commission on or before 8th December latest 5.00pm (East African Time).