Refrigeration Technician Job, Technical Jobs November,
JOB TITLE: REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN-HVAC
INDUSTRY FOOD PROCESSING COMPANY
NATURE OF JOB FULL TIME
SALARY KSHs- 55,000.00
JOB LOCATION THIKA
Our client, a food processing company with a processing plant in Thika is looking to hire a refrigeration Technician who will be responsible for repairs, overhaul and preventative maintenance of refrigeration and air conditioning systems in the plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all Food Safety Regulations while carrying out maintenance work as per the requirements applicable food safety standard the company adheres to
- Ensure machines daily pre-operative and start up checks are carried out and any issues brought to the attention of the department head promptly
- Responsible for performing planned maintenance, regular service of chillers, freezers, refrigerated trucks and air conditioning systems. The results of this should be documented in the checklists provided
- Trouble shooting, repair and overhaul of refrigeration systems.
- Performing and documenting root cause analysis on refrigeration equipment’s failures to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide technical direction on preventative maintenance for all refrigeration and air conditioning equipment’s
- Test and documenting malfunctions of refrigeration systems, components, and repair them before breakdowns occurs.
- Prompt resolution of breakdowns including working extra time to resolve the issues.
- Participate in projects as required from time to time.
- Participate in other engineering related duties as assigned including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, plumbing etc.
- Document all maintenance/engineering related activities including but not limited to preventive maintenance, job cards, checklists, various auditable documents etc.
- Communication with the head of department on various job-related issues
- Inform the maintenance Engineer of the required essential spare parts
- Adherence to company’s FSSC/QSA/FSA/GMP/Hygiene Practices.
- Participating in any other duties that shall be reasonably assigned by Management from time to time.
- Diploma in Electrical Refrigeration and air conditioning (HVAC) from a recognized institution
- 3 years’ experience in busy food manufacturing plant
- Good understanding of electrical principles
- Certificate in Computer studies.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Good maintenance Planning/communication
- Timely completion of tasks
- Record keeping i.e. Preventative maintenance records, job cards, audit checklists etc.
- Good workmanship & quality of job to avoid reworks and safety related issues.
- Correct and prompt fault diagnosis
- Team player, action oriented, very flexible, self-driven with attention to details.
- Required to work extra hours and also work in shifts as provided in the department.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to email@example.com
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.