School Chef Job, Latest Hotel Jobs In Kenya,
Position: School Chef
Job Location: Nairobi
Mirema School is an integrated boarding and day school offering 8-4-4, 2-6-6-3, special needs, daycare and Cambridge Assessment International Education (Primary British Curriculum). We welcome applicants to join our dynamic and supportive catering staff.
Oversee the day to day kitchen activities and ensure that the food prepared is hygienic, well cooked, tasty and in line with the approved school menu.
- Enthusiastic, organized, hygienic professional chef with proven ability to lead a team
- Have excellent communication skills
- Innovative and self-motivated individual
- A person of good conduct and high personal integrity
- Diploma in food production/culinary arts or other related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience. Experience in a school set up will be an added advantage
- Plan and prepare all meals according to the school menu and within a fixed budget, while following guidelines on nutrition and healthy eating
- Monitoring and managing supplies within a budget
- Efficiently manage kitchen inventory and stores
- Maintenance of the kitchen area
- Supervising catering staff, including allocation of duties and work rotas
- Managing good relationships with catering suppliers
- Liaising with operations manager
- Complying with food safety legislation
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their application and a detailed CV mentioning on the subject “School Chef’’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should e-mail an up-to date CV with a cover letter addressed to the human resource manager stating their teaching speciality and contact details of at least 2 referees (one being your current/most recent employer) to email@example.com
The subject of your email should be the job you are applying for.
The closing date is November 6th, 2020.