Senior Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs,
Position: Senior Accountant
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
An opening has risen within the East Africa finance team for a Senior Accountant.. The position holder will be based out of Nairobi office and will support all the East African countries
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end/year-end close process & Group reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Financial Managerand CFO to improve financial procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; finance or related
- 8-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Must have an audit background
- SAP, Navision proficient
- Prior working experience in a multinational environment is highly desired
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Solid Accounting Knowledge.
- Solid Knowledge in Taxation and legal framework.
How to apply
We provide an environment that is MEANINGFUL, INCLUSIVE and where employees feel EMPOWERED to operate as high performers, while achieving personal fulfilment. We empower our people to use their judgement, do the best for our customers, and make the most of their energy. Ours is a flat Organisation with multi hubs across the globe where employees can #Free up energy, #Learn every day and challenge themselves to greater heights with opportunities for internal mobility and open Talent market