Senior Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs,
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Reports to:- Manager Legal Services & Company Secretary
The job holder is responsible for; ensuring that the business operations of the Company are undertaken within the permitted confines of the governing laws; mitigating the Company’s inherent exposure in contracts and documents relating to its business; resolving disputes affecting the Company using the systems provided in law;
The legal department serves to provide legal advisory support and services to all the other departments of the organization.
- Ensure diligent assessment of loan securities
- Preparation of Legal documents, project loans (loan documents i.e. loan agreements, charges, deeds of guarantee, discharges, directors resolution to borrow, debentures and transfers of charges
- Advise KIE on the legal aspects of day-to-day administrative
- Provide legal opinion / advise on industrial development
- Represent KIE in all issues requiring legal address – claims, legal suits,
- Draft legal agreements on leases, conveyancing,
- Gather information / facts on current legal developments likely to be useful to KIE, and inform KIE management
- Collect and analyze information on legal trends / changes, use it as a basis to infer for the future, and update KIE management
- Prepare cases for debt recovery
- Co-ordinate and execute all new loans, leases and discharges
- Liaise with external lawyers for specified matters
- Ensure that the company-financed projects are fully serviced and maintain a register of loan securities
- Bachelors of Laws (LLB) from a recognized institution;
- Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law;
- Be admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and possess a Current practicing certificate;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and
- Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Ability to meet deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail
- Minimum of 2 years post admission work experience in a corporate environment or a busy law firm;
- Fulfill all the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
How to Apply
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply. Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned. In addition, all applicants Must download and fill Form 1A attached and forward them to the email given below. The applications should be received not later than 24th November, 2020. (Email: (email@example.com)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB – KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
KENYA INDUSTRIAL EASTATES LTD,
P.O. Box 78029-00507, NAIROBI.
Email :( firstname.lastname@example.org)