Senior Medical Specialist Job, Latest Medical Jobs,
SENIOR MEDICAL SPECIALIST/DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL SERVICES & SANITATION, JOB GROUP “R” – ONE (1) POST
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of a Degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B., & ChB.) from an institution recognized in Kenya
• Be a holder of a Master of Medicine Degree in a recognized Medical Discipline from an institution recognized in Kenya
• Registered as a Medical Practitioner by Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
• Have a Valid Practicing License
• Have served in a senior management position for a period not less than five (5) years.
• Have demonstrated knowledge in relevant legislations and policies in the health sector
• Have demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results
• Have a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Program or its equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya
• Must be computer literate
• Must meet the requirement of the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Duties and responsibilities
The County Director of Medical Services and Sanitation shall be responsible to the employer and the supervisor for the following;
• Offering Specialized services to the Citizens of Tharaka Nithi County
• Be the technical advisor on all matters relating to health within the county government;
• Be the technical advisor to the Chief Officers of Health, the County Executive Committee Member for Health and the Governor;
• Supervise all health services within the county to ensure that their delivery meets the required standards;
• Promote public health and the prevention, limitation and suppression of infections, communicable or preventable diseases within the county;
• Establishing monitoring and evaluation systems for the Department;
• Coordinating health services and projects within the county;
• Representing the county government in various health technical forums at county and National level;
• Prepare and publish reports and statistical or other information relating to health within the county; and
• Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
How to apply
All applications accompanied by a copy of National ID card, detailed CV, copies of all relevant academic certificates and other testimonials should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the top left side the position applied for so as to reach the undersigned on or before 7th December, 2020.
Applications should be addressed to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY
P.O. BOX 10-60406
Applications to be hand delivered to THARAKA NITHI COUNTY Headquarters Kathwana. Tharaka Nithi County is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization. Applicants comprising persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
NOTE: COMMUNICATION FROM THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS ONLY DONE THROUGH THE OFFICE MOBILE PHONE NUMBER 0748087375.
Terms: Permanent & Pensionable.