Senior Nursing Officer Job, Nursing Jobs November,
The Hospital seeks to engage a Senior Nursing Officer with specialty training. The candidate sought is expected to be highly transformative and dynamic, a self-driven individual with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, with demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capability.
SENIOR NURSING OFFICER/NURSING MANAGER – KUTRRH/IA/DNS/SNOSC/006 – 1 POST
The Senior Nursing Officer (SNO) in the Specialized Clinics will be held accountable for the nursing service given to patients in the department. This includes making provisions for the best possible nursing care of patients at all times; the nomination of persons to act up in his/her absence; assessment of patient care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of care and the setting and monitoring of standards of care. The incumbent will also be held accountable for the day to day management of the specialized. This includes the determination of work to be done, the rostering, organization and allocation of the work, teaching and training of nurses and support staff and participation in the ongoing development and evaluation of systems and programmes for delivery of care.
This position reports to Deputy Director Nursing Services.
- Manages and supports the day to day operations of the specialized clinics
- Supervises all nurses, support staff including consultants and technicians working in the special clinics to ensure smooth
- Oversees the preparation of the nursing rota, schedules utilizing wage and flex staff as appropriate. The SNO shall adjust coverage according to patient numbers
- Ensure that all equipment are in good working condition, ensure timely calibration and in case of malfunction, that he/she reports to the maintenance team
- Accurately forecasts and manages budget for the clinics and ensures that any expenditures are within the budget. This also includes control of commodities, ordering as per the procurement plan and storage
- Develops and implements quality process improvement activities, interviews, hires, evaluates, coaches and disciplines staff in collaboration with the head of department
- Develops programs which address continuous quality improvement system ensuring compliance to set quality metrics such as waiting times, admission times, customer satisfaction and compliance to the service delivery
- Ensures compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements specific to the unit and enhancing streamlined processes, patience experience and overall nurse performance
- The role is also a resource person for decision-making concerning patient care services, emergency response, non-clinical services and ensures that hospital policies and procedures are properly interpreted and applied
- Initiates major disaster plans when necessary. Directs staff in the event of a disaster, fire, or other emergency within the department or outside in which the department may be involved
- Ensures that the highest quality nursing care is provided to patients and their families by leading the improvement of the patient experience, appointment bookings, patients after follow-ups and complaints handling.
- Carries out development and performance review interviews with individual nursing staff, using job specifications and performance/appraisal review documentation in accordance with hospital policy and records judgement about the performance of each individual staff
- Develops and manages partnerships with clinicians, physicians and administrative counterparts to achieve common goals and promote integration of multidisciplinary work
- Orientates new staff in the clinics: nurses, support staff, consultants and technicians denoting, key policies, patient pathways, HMIS documentation and teamwork approaches to
- Steer the team towards clinical research, health innovations necessary to attain optimal services in the department.
- Ensures all clinicians report timely to work, are available, and that their claims are submitted on time for smooth
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with minimum of 4 (four) years’ experience, or
- Diploma in Nursing with over 9 years of experience
- Prior experience in nursing leadership position
- Registration with Nursing Council of Kenya
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
- Organizational skills
- Team building skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: – JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Thursday, 19th November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews and will be required to produce their Confirmation Letters.
KUTRRH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER