Terms of Reference (ToR)
Consultancy to record videos during the Community Declaration Events
Duration: 4 days
Location: Nakuru and Kakamega counties
CISP (Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli) in Kenya carries out projects in areas of development by supporting national and county authorities to provide quality, equitable, transparent and accountable services in the sectors of higher education, child protection, culture, food security and nutrition. Currently, CISP is the Consortium lead for numerous development projects across multiple Counties and sectors in Kenya.
CISP is leading a consortium of partners to implement a Child Protection project funded by AICS in four sub-Counties in Nakuru and Kakamega Counties. The project is focusing on four components: prevention of child abuse, child participation and empowerment, capacity development and systems strengthening and participatory research.
With the existence of harmful social norms in Kakamega and Nakuru, the project is using innovative methodologies that will influence the community to abandon those negative social norms and take charge in addressing children concerns. As part of those methodologies, the project has been engaging the community through community dialogues that will culminate in declaration events that shall be held in the four sub counties of operation; Mumias West, Matungu, Naivasha and Gilgil sub counties.
The purpose of this assignment is to record the videos during the declaration events in the sub counties of Mumias West and Matungu in Kakamega county and Gilgil and Naivasha in Nakuru county and develop four individual videos of each declaration event which will consolidate both the pictures as well as actual video clips of the event for each of the sub county.
- To take high resolution pictures of the actual events in the four sub counties
- To record 4 high resolution videos of the whole event in the four sub counties
- To produce a final 10-minute edited video highlighting the key activities and sessions for each of the declaration events.
List of deliverables
- 4 full edited video clips for each of the 4 declaration events to be held in the four sub counties.
- 4 10-minute edited video clips for each of the events in the four sub counties.
- 30 High resolution Pictures per event capturing key moments during the declaration events
- At least 3 years’ experience in photography and videography
- Experience in taking action pictures and videos in the field. Experience in taking community pictures is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English.
How to Apply
All applications should include the following;
Technical proposal (max 5 pages):
The technical proposal should include (I) profile of the Consultant with particular emphasis on previous experience in this kind of work (ii) Clear explanation about how the task will be accomplished, which tools and methodologies will be used (iii) work plan.
The financial proposal should provide cost estimates for services rendered including daily consultancy fees, and excluding: stationeries and supplies needed for the training, transport and accommodation.
At least 2 References to previous similar works.
Attached to this TOR are the following CISP Policy Documents links for your familiarization.
CISP is strongly committed to ending Child Abuse, all forms of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, and to building a work environment that is safe and welcoming for all, where Sexual Harassment does not take place. The desired candidate for any position should share and support this commitment in all aspects of their personal and professional behaviour. Any history implicating that the applicant has a history of Child Abuse, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, or Sexual Harassment, is a reason for excluding him or her from employment with CISP.