Building Inspectors Job, County Government Jobs 2020,
Position: Building Inspectors
The building inspectors will work under the supervision the Chief Building inspector performing technical duties in enforcing construction codes to ensure public safety and health.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Diploma in any of the following fields: Building & Civil Engineering; Construction Technician Part III; or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Interpretation of Architectural and Engineering drawings
- Checking minor repairs and alteration of existing buildings
- Inspects new buildings, additions to and alterations of existing buildings for compliance
- Reads and interprets adopted codes, technical manuals, drawings, instructions, specifications as related to construction projects.
- Schedule inspections and updates results of inspections performed
- Writing of inspections reports
- Reviews very basic plans for compliance.
- Evaluates existing buildings and complains
- Monitor construction sites periodically to ensure overall compliance
- Issue violation notices and stop-work orders until building is compliant
How to apply