Critical Care Nursing Officers Job, Nursing Jobs 2020,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a Vision of be a premier hospital renowned for Clinical Excellence, Education and Research. The hospital seeks to attract qualified and experienced Critical Care nurses on locum basis.
NURSING OFFICERS CRITICAL CARE – KUTRRH/DNSNOCC/369
The Critical Care Nursing Officer’s job exists to provide advanced nursing services and patients care in the ICU and HDU, to provide nursing research and training and advise on the same at KUTRRH.
- Ensure that the critical care centers are clean and in the right conditions to provide the conducive environment needed by patients into the critical care centers of the hospital
- Ensure that the critical care centers have all the machinery, equipment and materials needed to provide critical care to patients admitted into the critical care centers of the hospital
- Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers or pressure lines, and identify malfunctioning equipment or devices, and report the same to the biomedical engineering section of the hospital
- Receive patients in critical conditions that are referred to the critical care centers and book them in for advanced care and attention in the hospital
- Deliver quality nursing care in accordance with the set Nursing Standards and as per the policies and procedures of the hospital
- Ensure the provision of quality critical care nursing services to the admitted critically ill patients, based on assessment data or identified needs in the hospital
- Monitor patients for their progress and changes in status and indications of health conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions together with medical specialists in the hospital.
- Administer the prescribed therapeutic procedures based upon patients’ clinical status and assess patients’ pain levels or sedation requirements in the critical care centers of the hospital
- Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate medical conditions of patients in the critical care centers of the hospital
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake and outlet to detect any emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances among patients in the critical care centers of the hospital
- Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings, compile and analyze data obtained from monitoring or diagnostic tests in the critical care centers of the hospital
- Coordinate patient care conferences and participate in the development, review, or evaluation of critical care nursing practice protocols in the critical care centers of the hospital
- Mentor and guide other junior nursing officers, interns and students in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Provide nursing research and training to students in the critical care centers of the hospital
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid Practice License as a Critical Care Nurse
- Must have a Certificate in a course in life
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Knowledge of relevant
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Proven track record of nursing research and training in a reputable health facility
- At least two (2) years working experience as a Critical Care Nursing Officer in reputable health facility.
Soft Skills Required
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply STRICTLY ONLINE via: careers.kutrrh.go.ke with your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Filled Application Form and Updated License to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100
GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form and Updated License when applying online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 29th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official email/ telephones.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.