ECDE Teachers Job, Teaching Jobs 2020,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions.
Position: Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE) Teachers – (80 Posts)
Terms of Service: One (1) year renewable contract, based on performance.
- Ensure admission of children and enroll them in the attendance register on daily basis;
- Prepare schemes of work and lesson plans for teaching/learning process;
- Organize and participate in field visits for ECDE children;
- Identify children with special needs in learning;
- Prepare assessment reports for individual children in their class;
- Organize Co-curriculum activities for ECDE children;
- Prepare and develop adequate teaching/learning materials;
- Mobilize parents, community members and stakeholders to support and provide for health and nutritional needs of children such as, feeding programs and immunization;
- Enhance a safe and conducive learning environment of children;
- Implement ECDE policies and procedures at the ECDE Centre;
- Prepare learners portfolio; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the teacher in charge from time to time
For Appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
- Be a Kenyan citizen and a resident of Kakamega County;
- Have a Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE) preferably examined by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC);
- Be knowledgeable about the new trends in Competency Based Curriculum (CBC);
- Knowledge about the functions of the County Government of Kakamega with a focus on ECDEs;
- Knowledge in ICT will be an added advantage;
- Be registered with the Teacher Service Commission (TSC) and provide the registration
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application
- All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the
- The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity
- Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- The shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce the original National Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts during
- Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill the Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on integrity and leadership, before appointment
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before Tuesday, 15th December, 2020 at 11.59P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. email@example.com will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.