Fraud Officer Job, Current Banking Jobs,
Officer- Fraud Detection – (20000088)
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
- Transactions monitoring, on a 24 hour and 7 days a week monitoring schedule, to identify suspicious transactions based on preset parameters or other appropriate criteria within set timelines.
- Conduct preliminary validation checks for suspicious transactions within set timelines, lien targeted accounts and block destination accounts/mobile wallets in order to minimize loss to the customer.
- Validation of banks exceptional reports within set timelines.
- Handling of suspicious transactions sent from partners within set timelines.
- Ensure 100% compliance to the Bank’s policies and procedures, CBK prudential guidelines and local statutes.
- Conduct fraud awareness training to Bank staff and other stakeholders.
- Conduct fraud risk assessments on new/existing Bank systems, products and services.
- Propose, discuss with stakeholders and agree recommendations to improve control weaknesses identified during fraud monitoring and regularly follow up for their implementation.
- Manage fraud detection tools and ensure they are used responsibly and only as and when required.
- A graduate with a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Criminology, Forensics, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Commerce or any business degree is a MUST Professional certification in Fraud Examination, Auditing, Accounting, Risk management and Information systems audit is an added advantage.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in an auditing, forensics or risk management environment or at least 5 years’ experience in Branch Operations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Bank risks and their mitigations
- Knowledge of CBK prudential guidelines
- Knowledge of AML and KYC policy guidelines
How to Apply